At Philips we’re always looking for ways to make life better – not only for our customers, but also for everyone working here.
So we embrace everything that makes you unique. Here, you’ll be valued in all aspects of diversity, whether it’s race, ethnicity or age, or gender or sexual orientation, or any other aspect that makes you ‘you.’
We recognize the proven benefits of enhanced innovation, greater performance and employee satisfaction that derive from a diverse and inclusive workplace. Leveraging our differences makes us more creative, innovative and effective. That’s how we can best anticipate the needs of our customers, now and in the future – by representing them, in all their diversity, in our own teams.
We will need to champion a new way of working, use a different lens and shift our mindsets to build and foster that inclusive culture.
Some of our key strategies to make it happen include the following actions:
- We have set a new goal of 30% gender diversity in senior leadership positions by the end of 2025, up from the 2020 target of 25%, which we are on track to meet before the end of this year.
- We implemented principles of transparency for the recruitment, appointment and promotion of all senior leadership positions.
- We enabled data visibility of gender balance for all Executive members and HR Business Partners through monthly reviewed dashboards to offer insight and review progress towards our gender goals.
- We are rolling out unconscious bias awareness training for the Philips leadership team (PLT) and their teams to initiate an ongoing dialogue and awareness about bias that leads to team commitments to mitigate bias.
- We are revitalizing and growing our existing and new employee resource groups.
- We will develop a global mentoring framework to create structure, stimulate new connections and mutual learning to develop and progress diverse talent (fueling collaboration).
- We will build on our Women’s Leadership programs with a focus on networking and sponsoring by males and females.